Information gained from the use of our website
By your use of our website we will be able to get information about that usage.
This allows us to:
• Administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• Improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
• Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosing personal information to third parties
We do not disclose any personal information about you which is gained from your use of our website to third parties. We might from time to time provide information of a general nature such as when we report on the number of people who have visited our website but this will not include any information of a personal nature.
Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be held in secure servers owned and managed by Shams & Williams Ltd. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Shams Williams Solicitors will do everything reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated and held securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
The Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation which comes into force on the 28 May 2018 provides you with a number of rights. These include:
• Requesting a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the data protection officer Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
• Having any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact our data protection officer at the email address above.
• Requesting that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records.
• Having the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Objecting to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Objecting to automated processing, including profiling. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact the data protection officer at the email address above
Enquiries or complaints
If you have a complaint to make about the processing of your data through our website then you must contact the firm’s data protection officer at the email address above.
Changes to this notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will take reasonable steps to draw your attention to this.